KSM Group Build B-17G, 1/48th Scale

Since January, I have been working on a Revell 1/48 scale B-17.  This kit was given to me as a Christmas present by the person that got me into plastic modeling way back in 7th grade. 


I am just working on this kit just during the Club’s group builds.


It has been many months of painting the parts on the sprues.  I find this easier than trying to paint assemblies after they are put together.


This article is up to date with last Saturday’s Build Session.


I am about finished with painting parts on the sprues.



Here you can see me hard at work painting a bulkhead for the radio room in the Fort.



The first gluing is done.  The tail wheel is glued to the bulkhead.  You have to start somewhere!  Much more to do!


 I know it is hard to see, but the glass parts have been dipped in Future.  They are drying on the paper towel.  When dry, they look so much better.



Here is the black sprue.  All of the parts have been painted.  You can see the propellers, wheels, instrument panel, machine guns, and many more parts.



The same sprue on the back side.



Here are both sides of the fuselage sprue.  You can see much detail painting was done inside the fuselage and on the cockpit/nose floor.



Here are both sides of one wing sprue. 



Here is the other wing sprue.


Now it is time for gluing, again!!! YIPPEE!!!!  I am building again!




Here is the famous chin turret painted and assembled!





Here are 5 views of the radio room.  Now that I see the pictures, I see a bit more painting I can do to bring out more details.  Behind the radio room is the mount for the ball turret.  Now that the turret itself has been “Futured”, I can start to paint it.


I did start assembly of the cockpit floor Saturday. All I got done before it was time to quit was to get the control column/wheel for pilot and copilot glued in place.


That is the update with text and pictures.  I hope you all enjoy it!


Pass it on...Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest0Share on Google+0Email this to someone

Tags: , , ,

About the Author

1 Enlightened Reply

Trackback  •  Comments RSS

  1. Ashton says:

    Awesome! I have built the same kit before. The only problem was that you can’t really see the interior when it is finished. I did a little flak damage, and that demonstrated the detail a little bit.

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Anti-spam: complete the taskWordPress CAPTCHA